Corporate Lending & Borrowing Securitization
Corporate, Commercial & Company
Property Law and Conveyancing
- Siaya County Assembly, Siaya, Kenya
Senior Legal Counsel May 2016 – July 2019
Drafted bills, policies and regulations. Provided advice on legal matters. Drafted and negotiated agreements and contracts, and conducted due diligence. Represented the Assembly in court.
- Kiptinness & Odhiambo Associates, Nairobi, Kenya
Lawyer Trainee January 2015 – December 2015
Drafted contracts and agreements. Researched and drafted and memoranda on various issues of law including Public and Private Partnership Agreements. Conducted general office administration and client care.
- Commission for the Implementation of the Constitution, Nairobi, Kenya
Legal Researcher June 2013 – December 2014
Conducted research and drafted bills, regulations, policies and administrative procedures. Monitored and evaluated the implementation of the constitution in various government bodies and institutions. Drafted legal opinions for various County Assemblies on the implementation of devolution.
- Columbia Law School, New York, NY
expected May 2020
Activities: Columbia Black Law Students Association; Research Assistant to Prof. George
Berman (International Commercial Arbitration)
- Kenya School of Law, Nairobi, Kenya
Post Graduate Diploma in Law received,
- Honors: Distinction, 2nd Best Overall student, Best in Legislative Drafting and Legal
Activities: Class President
- Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
LLB, Second Class Upper, received December 2013
Thesis: “The right of Access to Information as a Catalyst to Accountability in both the
County and National Government”